The panel discussed on the need for Collaboration on building and maintaining India’s maritime assets – Ship building, Ship repair at Maritime Nation India 2017.
The panel was moderated by Mr. Atul Kulkarni, Advisor, IPA & Director, NITIE and among the panelist were-
* Rear Admiral Sanjay Mahindru (Flag Officer Commanding) Maharashtra Naval Commodore
· Commodore M. K. Mukherjee ( Retd) Managing Director, Sea Syst Engineering
· Mr. Krishna Kumar, CEO, Katale Shipyard Pvt. Ltd.
· Mr A J Das, General Manager Sip Design Mazagaon Docks
· Mr. V.K.Verma, Vice President, Timblo Drydocks Private Limited
· Mr. Arindam Ganguly, Director Shoft Shipyard
• India re-emerging as a shipbuilding nation – learning from the global leaders on infrastructure/manpower/ Technology
• Impact of government initiatives including ‘Make in India’ and collaboration with the private sector.
• Factors impacting growth and developing ancillary industries